Presented by Diane Calabria
These classes are presented once per year, usually in the Fall. We will announce dates when decided up. It is likely to have times of 7:00 – 8:15 p.m., on a weeknight evening at the St. Cloud Unitarian/Universalist Fellowship.
Fee: $40.00 payable to AgeLess Yoga – Please print the registration shown below and mail, along with your payment.
Meet life’s ups and downs with greater clarity, equanimity and optimism by learning the timeless art of meditation. Here is what you will learn:
- What meditation is… and how it differs from other contemplative practices
- The many specific benefits meditation brings for your body, mind & spiritual life
- How to meditate comfortably, including practicing meditation while sitting in a chair
- The difference between getting into a meditative state vs. being in a meditative state
- Meditation techniques to calm, interiorize and focus your mind
- Why techniques alone are not enough… We explore what else one needs for success
- A handful of helpful tips for establishing a consistent meditation practice
- The basics of ‘Ananda Yoga’ and how asana & pranayama yoga support meditation
This class features meditation as taught by yoga master Paramhansa Yogananda, author of the spiritual classic, Autobiography of a Yogi, and his direct disciple of over 60 years, Swami Kriyananda, a world-renowned authority on yoga and meditation. Each class will include meditation instruction and meditation practice, gentle exercises to relax and energize, seated meditation practice, and time for discussion and questions. The class is suitable for those new to meditation, those wanting a refresher on the basics of meditation, and for people wanting to learn a new mediation style. Bring a meditation cushion or yoga blanket if you have one, and wear non-binding clothing that permits free movement. (Please… No Perfume)
Diane Calabria, RYT, (Registered Yoga Teacher), practices and teaches Ananda Yoga, a meditative, gentle style of yoga from the tradition of Paramahansa Yogananda. She has studied and practiced yoga since 1981, maintained a daily meditation practice since 2003 and has been a yoga teacher since 2004. Diane has completed over 400 hours of Ananda Yoga Teacher Training and has taught through AgeLess Yoga for the past 6 years.
Please include check, cash or credit card information, including number and expiration date with this registration. We do not keep credit card information. We will run the card information immediately upon receipt and then shred the information.
Note: Please do not send credit card information by email. It is not all that secure. Instead please call us with this information. We can also receive it by fax, which is secure, but first call us so we can give you our fax number and turn on the fax machine.
Credit Card #__________________________________________ Exp. _______