Helpful Information for the Older Yoga Practitioner
AgeLessYoga.com helps older yoga students, and beginners at any age, to gently ease into a yoga practice. As a resource for incorporating yoga into your life, we provide:
- How you can make a start, even if you are in your 80’s or 90’s
- How to use yoga ways within other activities that you do, including walking, climbing stairs, even standing while waiting in a line
- How to merge mindfulness meditation with yoga
- Rehabilitating a troubled area of your body with yoga
- Many fun ways to begin learning yoga
Your Yoga Questions Answered
As we post future articles, we hope to give you answers to your specific yoga questions.
“By synchronizing body, breath and awareness, this yoga has the effect of slowing our aging process.” – Richard Chandler, MA, LPC
A Yoga Student Review:
“I’ve worked with Richard in private yoga lessons for nearly a year now, and—as a 60-something beginner, I’m pretty amazed by my increased strength, flexibility, and balance. I’ve trimmed down and have not only increased my confidence, but have begun to let go of the negativity that has tended to limit my physical abilities.
When I started, I wasn’t sure that yoga would be something I could actually do, but now I look forward to the weekly workouts with Richard as well as my steady progress as a yoga practitioner.”
Dr. Judy Kilborn
Professor of English
St. Cloud State University